GTX 870m HDMI Port not Working...

Alex_115

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
I have an MSI GT70 2PC Dominator.

I was playing TF2 today, and randomly it stopped working, and my screen flashed. (I use a 32 inch Samsung TV). After that my TV lost connection to my laptop. Right now, my laptop screen and monitor (connected through VGA) are the only things working. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forums, but I'm kind of freaking out, because I've never run into a problem like this, and I don't like calling support lines. Is there any way to fix my HDMI port? I tried 3 different HDMI cables, one that I bought recently in a black friday sale, which is the one I've been using, The HDMI cable that came with my Wii U, and the hdmi cable that came with the PS3 that I bought two

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics.
- Open Program and Features then uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver there is.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx.
- Reboot the laptop once installed.
- Next is to set your games or application that requires your high graphics with NVIDIA processor.
- Here's how to set it:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/kw/setting%20nvidia%20as%20the%20graphics%20card
- If all these will not work that means it's the actual port that has the problem and you'll need to contact MSI for a...
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics.
- Open Program and Features then uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver there is.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx.
- Reboot the laptop once installed.
- Next is to set your games or application that requires your high graphics with NVIDIA processor.
- Here's how to set it:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/kw/setting%20nvidia%20as%20the%20graphics%20card
- If all these will not work that means it's the actual port that has the problem and you'll need to contact MSI for a repair unfortunately. :(

Solution