gtx 970 glitches while gaming

Brandon_16

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015
hello to all who answer I bought a new msi ge72 Apache pro notebook and have had minimal issues but when im playing a select number of games (mad max gta 5 far cry 3 and 4 and watchdogs and now the witcher 3) there is what ive called lazy pixels the pixels or what i believe are the pixels don't update fast enough and show them as what they looked like in the previous few frames (disabling v sync fixes it in game but not in menus and going out of full screen fixes it entirely i have the latest drivers) any help is appreciated Ps i know for sure it is my nvidia card because when i disable it and go to my Intel card the glitch doesn't happen

Brandon_16

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015
did what you said didnt help might not have done it right so im going to try some thing but i think (correct me if im wrong im new to pcs) but i think it would be a software problem because what i said about vsync and windowed mode

Brandon_16

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015
I've reinstalled it a few times now but no manager that's what I tried to say earlier on the Realtek website it says driver only so I wonder if that means it purposely doesn't have the manager

Brandon_16

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015
I have an update for my graphic card people on steam (for gta 5) say gta doesn't work with overclocking so that might be a lead also sorry if I'm being stupid doesn't sli have something to do with 2 graphics cards? The laptop has an Intel card along with the nvidia card just a thought

naturesninja

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Recommend uninstalling graphics driver and using DDU to remove registry files. Then get your Drivers directly from MSi and not Nvidia, as it will have the one needed to operate the other features on your laptop without having conflicts. Make sure the drivers you get are the versions for your specific operating system. Also, make sure your BIOS is a windows 10 version if you have it, because your laptop may have shipped with a windows 8.1 version.

Brandon_16

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015
did as you said installed the msi drivers but they were horibbly out dated thus when i tried to run mad max it may have fixed the problem but it killed the framerate so i used ddu and removed the outdated driver went to nvidias site and dolwnloaded the latest driver but it reinstated the problem

TRENDING THREADS