GTX960m not working properly after Lenovo Y50 dropped to floor some 40 cm.

Vicmot

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2016
I have 2 GPU:s: Intel HD 4600 and GTX960m now since this accident all 3D games that used to work before ceased to run. I reinstalled GeForce drivers but it didnt help.. So I took the lap top to repairs where they couldnt find any physical damage either so they tested it with their own SDD and Windows 8 or 7 and succeeded to run 3Dmark11.

Then I took the lap top home and reinstalled my windows 7 ultimate 64 and all the drivers, Directx 11, Windows NET and C++ libraries, I only managed to run 1 game (World of warships) and 3Dmark06. But 3DMark11 doesnt even launch nor any other 3D immensive games like Fallout4 or Far Cry...

What could be the problem??

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help. But it seems like a hardware problem already.
- First is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics card driver.
- Next is to open Device Manager and uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Download and install the latest driver once completely uninstalled.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it will still not work, do check the contact between the GPU and it's heatsink.
- Apply new thermal paste on it as well and see if it will solve the problem or not.

Vicmot

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2016

I did all that already.. How on earth it can run Unengine 4.0 but not 3Dmark11?"