Guess What? Sonos One Speakers Also Damage Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

mprospero

Senior Editor
Oct 4, 2013

You shouldn't have to use a coaster, period. And, there was no warning from either company that this could be a problem.

Feb 15, 2018
Weird how sometimes devices have to be used over a period of time for problems to surface. Companies like this should hire more psychics to see into the future.

Feb 15, 2018
"very distressing"... Definitely a first world problem...

I can see it now; "I had a terrible day!". "Oh, really?! WHat happened?" "My smart speaker left little white marks on my furniture! It's not like I spent enough money on it to feed an entire village for a week.... oh, wait... maybe I did".

patrick_153

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
there should have been warnings? really? what are you going to do sue? How about you just employ a little common sense. This entitlement/litigation mentality that is so rampant in the US has seen corporations/governments dumbing everything down to cater for the lowest common denominator in order to be as litigation proof as possible. Could this be why the world now calls the USA the united states of [watch your language]?

Feb 15, 2018

Exactly! This is why we have to literally list things to not put into a microwave on the microwave instructions. It's ridiculous. Like someone has to be told not put a baby in one..

Feb 15, 2018
Oil finished furniture is super high maintenance and any number of things can cause the finish to displace like this. The furniture most likely came with a list of things to do to maintain it and prevent damage to the finish. This is in no way the fault of the manufacturers of the speakers or any other device/item. This is the fault of the furniture owner for not knowing how to properly take care of something they purchased. Also "refinishing a centerpiece of your living room" involves recoating it with whatever oil finish the manufacturer recommends. Its not a big deal at all.

Feb 15, 2018
It appears that many people have not owned enough real wood furniture with various finishes. The HomePod is NOT, I repeat, NOT the only product that will or has left marks on wood surfaces. Decades long problem suddenly magnified because the product in question has an Apple logo. Guess what? My Swingline stapler, Airport Time Capsule, Beoplay A1 speaker, and Bose Soundlink Mini, will also leave marks on certain wood surfaces. They are not permanent. Live and learn people and stop looking to place blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.