Gundam Creator: Games Evil, Killing Planet

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]It's pretty funny watching everyone "defend" video gaming. It almost sounds like when you try to tell a smoker that smoking will kill you, slowly and painfully and they respond with stupid answers like, "It's my body, I'll do what I want with it!" and "Mind your f&^%in business". Jesus guys, don't take it so personal. You know DAMN well you waste COUNTLESS hours spooging over GAMES. Just admit it, your life sucks and need a reason to feel better about it![/citation]

and apparently you waste your time preaching to the choir you self righteous bastard

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
mlopinto2k1

i was fine with everything you said till you said our lives suck, who the fuck are you to say this about people you dont even know... man my life is very fulfilling, and i play games...and now you have an enemy in me, you really are an asshole. i am speaking directly on what i have seen of you, i am not going to mak assumptions about people... get a life and stop telling people about theirs.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]LOL maybe we should waste our time watching crappy reality TV LOL[/citation]Is that an LOL-sandwich? Pass the mayo, please.

The only way we would not "kill the planet" is if we sat and did absolutely nothing. Read a book? You killed the planet with the trees that were chopped down for the pages. Drive a car? You killed the planet with the exhaust. Watch TV? Waste of electricity. Play sports outside? Well when you get back you're going to be thirsty and drink water that our precious planet needs. You're going to need a shower. Oh our poor planet.

It's a good thing our planet can't participate in frivolous lawsuits or it would have a million ridiculous lawyers saying "You're the victim here, Earth!"

gerohmygosh

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Blessedman[/nom]I actually agree with the guy. Video games do nothing for us except waste our time and energy. Time we could spend educating ourselves to better our lives or helping someone less fortunate then ourselves. This nation especially is filled with a spoiled rotten generation. Actually generations, as one generation to the next it's not getting better.[/citation]
Honestly it's true, each generation of kids seem to be getting worse. Of course you'll have exceptions to this, but majority of these kids have become so spoiled and have lost their own ability to be imaginative. Instead of making their own creative little world or making their own little story, games are the ones doing it for them. I'm sorry, but if you see the kids that I see everyday walk into Gamestop, you would understand why I rarely play games these days. If you are asking why work at Gamestop then, well I'm in college and I need money.

xchrissypoox

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Gundam games tend to suck (Though gundam battle assault 2 was fun) but I generally agree with the idea that video games are a waste of time

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
this guy's fucking stupid, if it wasn't for games we would be overrun with zombies right now. I know that i at least wasted over 30 maybe 40k zombies shit if i let those guys go where would be know? Besides he cant even play crysis.

G

Well, there are so many things wrong with what he said. There is the question about whether someone would be more productive with their time if they were not playing a game or if maybe playing a game made them more productive during the time they are producing. Human society is extremely productive right now; to the point that we have to consider our impact on our surroundings.

But just the environmental issue is disturbing. There is probably very few things that a human can do that have less of an impact on the environment than playing an electronic game (and I don't play games). Most other things such as biking, running, working, etc. cause a human to need more calories and produce more carbon dioxide and consume more resources(if you believe any of that is a problem) than sitting in front of a screen playing a game.

I had a thermodynamics teacher that made us work through the math to prove to ourselves that most of our assumptions about energy consumption and environmental impact were completely wrong.

This person should stick to whatever it is he does best.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]VioMeTriX[/nom]and apparently you waste your time preaching to the choir you self righteous bastard[/citation]Ohhh no!!! I hit a nerve!! Listen, while you sit here bashing some guy YOU don't even know dont be so quick with your tongue you ignorant, foul-mouth pig! lol
I am referring to Mr. MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM CREATOR. Jesus your an idiot. Every single person here who puts this guy down is doing the same thing he is doing. Speaking for everyone else. Who the hell are you to bash this guy when you don't know DICK SQUAT about him? Then, when someone, like me, who acts like an ASSHOLE INTENTIONALLY to prove his point comes along, you get your panties in a bunch. You know what, the guy is RIGHT. But that doesn't mean he has final say, like everyone else says, "Who the hell is he?"

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Anyway, why am I the only one to compete against the commenter's? No one likes a little competition? Your allowed to say what you want... but I am an asshole for speaking my opinion? Grow up.

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Let's say we have about three billion people on this planet wasting their time, bringing no productivity at all. Add 10 billion more people, and what would happen to our planet? Video games are assisting the death of our planet!"

If we add 10 billion more people to the planet, I'd be more concerned with the total lack of food and water than productivity.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
I just asked my friend who is doing Anime information business. He told me that Tomino was actually making a joke, and told the audience that if they don't like what he just said, then make good games to shut him up.

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Anyway, why am I the only one to compete against the commenter's? No one likes a little competition? Your allowed to say what you want... but I am an asshole for speaking my opinion? Grow up.[/citation]

your opinion and competition are fine, but telling everyone their lives suck is just wrong

masterclam

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
video games replace true productivity (productivity does not have to be capitalistic production) with the feeling of productivity... it is a positive energy feedback: all I need to do to travel to a tropical island is put in my far cry cd; after that, every tiny movement of my wrist or finger changes the entire scenery or my actions, making me feel as though a lot is happening. WoW is an excellent example: I can create a legendary hero while moving nothing but my hands, instead of having to train my body, mind and soul in order to make myself a hero. Games are often a distraction from life, taking our time and adding no tangible benefit in return. Don't get me wrong, sometimes they are an excellent addition to a full life, I have played games throughout my life, but we should not delude ourselves into thinking they provide us with something they don't: life.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
He's right, video games contribute to a no-productivity lifestyle.

Oh wait, what did people do on their free-time before video games? Drinking, dancing, playing cards, watching movies, listening to music, gambling, sports, board games, horse-back riding, sleeping.

I forgot, before video games human beings produced products and provided services that contributed to society 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. My bad...... tool. And P.S., Gundam is like the worst anime ever. loser.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Ohhh no!!! I hit a nerve!! Listen, while you sit here bashing some guy YOU don't even know dont be so quick with your tongue you ignorant, foul-mouth pig! lolI am referring to Mr. MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM CREATOR. Jesus your an idiot. Every single person here who puts this guy down is doing the same thing he is doing. Speaking for everyone else. Who the hell are you to bash this guy when you don't know DICK SQUAT about him? Then, when someone, like me, who acts like an ASSHOLE INTENTIONALLY to prove his point comes along, you get your panties in a bunch. You know what, the guy is RIGHT. But that doesn't mean he has final say, like everyone else says, "Who the hell is he?"[/citation]
We know that he created Mobile Suit: Gundam, and that he's criticizing gaming for being unproductive and causing pollution. That's all we need to know. He's a hypocrite and we're calling him out on it.

Productivity: Is Gundam productive? The only way you could say that is to argue that it teaches morals, but so do most games. You simply can't condone one and criticize the other.

Pollution: All the gundam TV shows were just that: TV shows. TVs use electricity. Electricity? Pollution! The ink to draw the animation? Pollution! The electronics used to record the drawings? More electricity! More pollution!

And you know what? If we weren't spending our money on games, we'd be spending it to go places to pass the time. What'd we use? Cars. Which run on gasoline. Did you know that causes pollution?

If you want to criticize gamers go ahead, but at least have a logical basis, and make sure you're not doing the same thing before you get on your high horse.

Your comments? You don't have a basis. You say our lives suck. How? Do you have any evidence? More importantly, what makes one life suck more than another? Health and Happiness? You can be a gamer with a healthy lifestyle. And if gaming makes me happy, who the hell are you to tell me I shouldn't do it?

You seem to agree with him, but you're on a computer using electricity. You're polluting while doing nothing productive by telling random people that their lives suck. You want to criticize us gamers? Fine. But look in the mirror before you speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.