Guy Jailbreaks Apple's iPhone 4 in Apple Store

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pesh

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
It really isn't.. but if you talk to a cool genius.. ive had several iphones replaced for free.. even thou the problems were my own fault hehe

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
lol, imagine the RMA department now: "theres something wrong with my iphone! it doesn't do half of the awesome things that the instore model does!"

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]That guy must have done that before the site that is hosting the jailbreak went all FUBAR. I have been trying since yesterday night and I still cannot get the damn jailbreak to work. Resetting every setting, deleting all apps, and going so far as to totally recover the device has not gotten this jailbreak to work for me.I am going to keep trying, but this has not been the best executed idea.[/citation]

their site really was overloaded though. i finally got on around 3am or so last night and jailbroke my iphone 4. thousands upon thousands of users+ per hour, plus tons of page refreshes for each user per hour... modmyi also has a link up too for this since theyre also hosting it, might work better there if jailbreakme is still swamped.

but, changing settings isnt necessary. again, theyre just overburdoned is all.

spanspace

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
it looks to me like he took his iphone and then took a picture over an empty display. Those devices are normally connected to security of some sort.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I was able to get through last night. This was the best and easiest jailbreak ever. I just emailed it to all my co-workers. I want to do every iPhone in a store, then play dumb and ask a sales rep what this "Cydia" icon is for. God I'd love to catch the reaction on video.

G

Who is this guy mentioned in the title? The article only mentions that one MIGHT be able jailbreak in an apple store. Does anyone else think Tom's headlines are becoming increasingly misleading?

bstm300

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
[citation][nom]polly the parrot[/nom]Then leave? or don't click the link?[/citation]

Excuse me, but everybody is entitled to an opinion around here. I think it is funny that you use the same freedom "free commenting" to deny him his freedom.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Is the yellow writeband on so he can slip it over the iPhone 4 to fix the antenna issue? Lol. He's prepared. Must be a boyscout.

lance6270

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
[citation][nom]spanspace[/nom]it looks to me like he took his iphone and then took a picture over an empty display. Those devices are normally connected to security of some sort.[/citation]
If you look you can see the security cord around the botton left side of the photo connecting to the phone. It looks pretty much like the store displays her ein the DFW area.

spiketheaardvark

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Maybe I don't understand how the break works but it seems to me that the fact this can be done by just visiting a website indicates the presence of a huge security flaw in the phone.

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Stevus[/nom]Who is this guy mentioned in the title? The article only mentions that one MIGHT be able jailbreak in an apple store. Does anyone else think Tom's headlines are becoming increasingly misleading?[/citation]

Do you see the picture of the guy doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.