Guy Makes $1000 Daily Spamming Pinterest Users

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzznarf

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
[citation][nom]david6005[/nom]BBC is paid for by UK taxpayers tv license, we are forced to pay for our good documentaries but also crap like doctor who...hell you even have to pay if your blind ffs.[/citation]
Dr Who is certainly NOT CRAP!!

fuzznarf

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]I read the article. I don't understand where the money comes from? Is he selling something? Is he stealing CC#s? Is it just a 'web traffic' thing? Someone is PAYING him the money... Who?[/citation]
He's spamming with products that the pinterest people are interested in. They buy the product by clicking thru the link, he makes like 5 cents... get enough people doing this, and it adds up obviously..

Its actually very similar to the adds that you see here on toms.. Every time you click on one and buy something they make money.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]david6005[/nom]BBC is paid for by UK taxpayers tv license, we are forced to pay for our good documentaries but also crap like doctor who...hell you even have to pay if your blind ffs.[/citation]
Bite your tongue! Doctor Who is one of the best shows on BBC!

mutzkexi

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
g.gif

Blarg44

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
[citation][nom]FishyFish[/nom]BBC has no adverts and yet makes fantastic documentaries, TV shows and series. Can you explain it?And how about billboards and posters? Daily bunch of leaflets through the letterbox?[/citation]

You pay a TV liscence, most of this money goes to the BBC.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
What is your 'blind ffs'? I don't have one of those. Does it have something to do with you''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''re TV?

pedro_mann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Jail time? Remove his skin? Feed him to the wolves? What a jacka$$. He is scum and bragging about it. probelms is there are thousands of others, just like him, ruining the internet for everyone.

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
-fishyfish - And how about billboards and posters? Daily bunch of leaflets through the letterbox? -

Oh god, if you knew how much I hate getting that stuff through my door. I can get up to 3 takeaway menus a day. On top of the junk mail, bags with demands from charities for old clothes, leaflets about local events and services, christians asking me if i've found god... the list is almost endless. Then there are the automated phone calls i receive a minimum twice a day.

The sheer amount i receive DAILY before i have even left the house or go on the internet...It actually feels like i'm being assaulted by spammers and advertisers. So yes i bluudy well will complain about it.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]alhanelem[/nom]well its not like he is stealing money from people, just MAKING money off of them.if thats bad its really up to someone's opinion[/citation]

Ah, so stealing my TIME is not theft?
I have news for Spammers. TIME is the most important commodity you can steal from a person because no mater how rich or famous or powerful you may be; the TIME you have on this planet is still limited to about the same amount for all of us.

...unless you do not pay attention and walk in front of a Bus of course :)

aaronstyle

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011

The people pay a fee that is set by their local government. It's essentially a taxation. They're also one of the most popular broadcasting stations in the world, and with that alone, they don't need additional funds from televising advertisements.

Also, BBC is owned by a public(?) governing body. (forgive me if I'm wrong, I don't actually live there, but I'm a telecommunications student in the US)

G

I receive over 27,000 SPAMs last year. It fills my disk. It causes me to lose real mail. It is estimated that it costs the US alone $30 Billion in lost productivity. Spammers are terrorists and should be jailed.

Stardude82

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
[citation][nom]FishyFish[/nom]BBC has no adverts and yet makes fantastic documentaries, TV shows and series. Can you explain it?[/citation]

They also sell their programming to the likes of PBS (US) and Netflix in addition to the TV tax. They also serve a propaganda arm... I mean cultural ambassador so they receive a fair amount of government subsidies.

c4v3man

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
These are not the same as real ads that pay for the content you're seeing. This is like some punk buying all the iPad's at walmart, then setting up a table and selling them at a markup inside of walmart. Whatever is getting spammed (pinterest, facebook, email, etc) is providing you with content, and charging you adspace. This jerk provides nothing, and charges you adspace. It's theft, plain and simple.

In order to stop this, there needs to be regulation on how retailers, manufacturers, etc can advertise. There should be no referrer fees outside of legit advertising partnerships... That's what funds this crud.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]eiskrystal[/nom]Without tv commericals you could kiss tv goodbye (not necessarily a bad thing...but...) whereas this is "extra" unneccessary advertising on top of tvs and newspapaers that doesn't have that same issue. It's some lazy guy in his bedroom making more money in a day than some people see in a month and not being the least bit bothered about little things like morals or ethics. It's everything we hate about "just business" in one neat little package.[/citation]

everyone has different morals
ethics are defined by a culture, and can be crossed, but spam... really...

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Honestly, if a guy can make $1000 a day (and I don't think it's real) annoying people just a tiny bit with some pointless messages, I say, "Power to him!" Most of us would ring a bell outside of a store if we got paid $1,000 a day to do it and I find that much more annoying (I already give a lot of money to charity, quit bugging me when I go to the store!).

sosofm

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
He is afiliate to some sites who sell stuffs and if you buy thru his link ( spam) he get payed. Some sites pay 5% to 10% from every sale. And maybe is payed by others to make advetise for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.