Question H20 wireless new customer

Terrir

Commendable
Nov 27, 2020
This past Monday i switched service providers and activated my new H20 wireless sim card. I signed up for the 30 GB unlimited data for $60. From the get-go i wasnt able to send or recieve mms. When i called H20 they said i already used my 30 GB. What?? In one day? So i went into my settings and it shows my 30 GB was used on 11/23 which waa the day i activated my sim. How is this possible?
When i checked into where i used this data at it only shows 'photo's' which had 29 GB and Chrome 248mb. Thats it. I was on FB and You Tube only for a few mins each but it didnt show any usage on those at all.

What is going on here? Now my phone apps and internet is so slow it almost non functional.
Did i get scammed? Are they using my google Photos app as using my GB? I had an SD card in my card that contained alot of pictures which i removed but it still shows i used 30 GB used.

Can anyone explain whats going on here?
I have had 2 other service providers and have never had any experience like this. I am always on an unlimited package. And gave never had any problems like this! I am beyond frustrated. This was a big mistake and i want to switch back to my old carrier but i still want to know why this happened?

Terrir

Commendable
Nov 27, 2020
do you have photo sync on?

Thank you for your reply ,🤗
I didn't think it was on but then when I checked it was on to my surprise. So what is this mean? should I reboot my phone or is that just showing that my data has been used and there's no way I can change that until next month?;

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
Thank you for your reply ,🤗
I didn't think it was on but then when I checked it was on to my surprise. So what is this mean? should I reboot my phone or is that just showing that my data has been used and there's no way I can change that until next month?;

You are stuck until the next billing cycle. You used the data so it cannot be unused by rebooting the phone. Maybe there are other options so check with the service provider.

Terrir

Commendable
Nov 27, 2020
"You are stuck until the next billing cycle. You used the data so it cannot be unused by rebooting the phone. Maybe there are other options so check with the service provider."

Thanks for the reply,
It tough not being old and not knowing these things. I never liked to sync my stuff but somehow it got ticked on. I wished i had known this before i activated the sim. It would have saved me alot of grief.

Terrir

Commendable
Nov 27, 2020
You are stuck until the next billing cycle. You used the data so it cannot be unused by rebooting the phone. Maybe there are other options so check with the service provider.
Thanks for the reply!
Its tough being old and not knowing these things. I never liked to sync my stuff but some how it got ticked on.
I wished i had of known this before activating the sim as it would of saved me alot of grief.

Terrir

Commendable
Nov 27, 2020
Thank you again rgd 1101 funny how i was able to move from one provider to another without changing any settings or having any problems so this is all new to me.
So i have another question....
My Google Drive is also on meaning my photos etc... are being backed up to the cloud i guess, so does that need to be off too when i change my settings to change providers?