Hack Stuff? Homeland Security is Hiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
finally we get on board with hiring some shady people. Russia, China, and North Korea have been doing it for years.

I bet it would be a pretty cool job, I def wouldn't mind. DHS has all the cool toys anyway.

hopiamani

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
Whether they get good hackers or script kiddies will all depend on the pay whether it is "competitive" or not

I pray that they realize this

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
don't forget about the plans to implement a kill-switch for the Internet... If gradually these guys they're hiring now are diverted towards that goal, soon they'll be doing exactly what they despise now... but without the means to complain about it due to the nature of their job. But again, people get used to worse and worse every day/week/month, so in a few years nobody will notice if I was right or wrong ( and I wish I was wrong, for once..).

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I am glad to see this, it's about time we started building a cyber army to go toe to toe with the Chinese, you know they have one.

G

China has the world's largest espionage plan against the United States and has for years, it's time the US citizens and government started to seriously address this problem. Wonder why they have advanced so fast? Wonder how they were able to present all those modern weapons during their anniversary parade, it has all been stolen.
Here is a good article to congress about Chinese Espionage
http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/1998_hr/eftimiad.htm
Here is some more information about their programs
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/spy/spies/
We as US citizens need to start being aware of this and not contribute to this problem, we also need to work together to contact our people in Congress and President to show them our concern about these issues. Even now, Yale university provides 100% free tuition to Chinese students while our own students must take on hundreds of thousands in student loan debt.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009-09/04/content_8653996.htm

G

fedupwthit: China is much less of a threat than THIS country:

http://www.vanunu.com/uscampaign/photos.html

China has a far more benevolent relationship with America, I'm all for keeping advanced weaponry out of China's hands, but they are no threat to us. Aforementioned other country is a leech who we barely even trade with, we only give them money for free, so that their PACs can bribe our Congress.

G

who in their right mind would use WINDOWS for secure computing?

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]dd222[/nom]who in their right mind would use WINDOWS for secure computing?[/citation]
Lol, you're so immature.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
reflects the Obama administration's "commitment to equipping DHS with the critical tools necessary to build a world-class cyber organization and compete for cybersecurity talent."

Oh, pull the othe one?!! Seems like America already has a "world-class" immigration policy..with a southern border wide open; a "world-class" defence policy giving money and power to people the vast majority would despise, then ousting them when and only when the time is right. So let's keep our friends close and our enemies closer..just be lax with the truth regarding just who we're going to use them against and for what purpose.

Now go back to playing games, watching state news and throwing endless amounts of money into a bottomless pit known as the Federal Reserve..bah! You've never had it so good.

liquid0h

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
[citation][nom]hopiamani[/nom]Whether they get good hackers or script kiddies will all depend on the pay whether it is "competitive" or notI pray that they realize this[/citation]

As if the hackers are going to work somewhere else making more? Last I checked, most hackers get about next to nothing by cooperating with the FBI in lieu of a jail sentence, lol.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I've been taught in my military training that religion is the #1 source of conflict in the world. I would have to say that resources are likely a close second, with weapons being near the top of those listed resources that are fought over.

The cyber war is a hidden battle for intelligence. This should not be in the hands of the Dept of Homeland Security (Like we really needed another agency, what are they REALLY doing?). We already had the Air Force, Navy, Marines, Army, Coast Guard, CIA, FBI, and reserve/guard branches of most if not all of those. What was the DHS created for again?

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
this isn't new, they have been doing this for years at the cia/fbi/nsa. probably more nsa/cia than fbi but they do have a section. So does the military OSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.