Hackers Allegedly Bypass iOS Activation Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Third-party apps should be better than anything Apple could put out, anyways. Apple is too busy paying their lawyers; coders are a second thought.

ptmmac

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
There is no excuse for printing the hacker handle of theives such as these. There is no other possible use for this except to unlock stolen goods to increase their value to those who stole them. What ever happened to any sense of integrity?

RCguitarist

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
There is no excuse for printing the hacker handle of theives such as these. There is no other possible use for this except to unlock stolen goods to increase their value to those who stole them. What ever happened to any sense of integrity?

Those guys don't appear to be thieves. They alerted apple and are not revealing to the public how to do it. They are helping get things fixed.

sinclaj1

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
This is the part that scares me: "they spent five months --- ***studying the way data passes from iOS devices to Apple's iCloud servers*** --- before they figured out their hack."

computernerdforlife

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
There are some of us who have a younger sibling who forgot their apple/icloud password and chose to use a random security question of which they cannot recall. We called Apple and they want a proof of purchase from Christmas last year for the device. My in-laws do not have that so they refused to help altogether. I was blown away.

Their must be at least a few circumstances where young people forget their password AND their recovery password for their e-mail (which is typically the same), and their security question does not help. My in-law is bullied at school so he chose another date of birth as his security question so his bullies don't harass his Apple account. Anyhow, I look forward to bypassing this so I can return his Apple device in a working state.

das_stig

Distinguished
2 months and Apple haven't took their heads out of their collective backsides. This is what happens when a company gets too big and ignores its users. Microsoft have sort of learnt this, Google are slowly getting there, Apple and Facebook are in LA LA land !

GlassFTW

Estimable
May 22, 2014
IOS IS A GLORIFIED APP LAUNCHER FULL OF SECURITY HOLES.

AT HACKER CONS, APPLE PRODUCTS ARE ALWAYS THE FIRST TO FALL!

dro2

Estimable
May 1, 2014
"have not revealed how they accomplish this iOS Activation Lock hack"..lol Then it's BS until they do.

dro2

Estimable
May 1, 2014
IOS IS A GLORIFIED APP LAUNCHER FULL OF SECURITY HOLES.

AT HACKER CONS, APPLE PRODUCTS ARE ALWAYS THE FIRST TO FALL!

The fact you're typing in all capital shows your intelligence and maturity level.

Status
Not open for further replies.