Hackers Get Paid by Malware Flea Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

gekko668

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
If only the music and movie industries would hunt these people down at the ISP level then life would be less headache instead of suing TPB and barking people with law suits.

Any one else agree with me?

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
This is pretty low. This is people's personal lives on their computers that their messing with. Not to mention the businesses that have money at stake. This is just so bad.

pythy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]gekko668[/nom]If only the music and movie industries would hunt these people down at the ISP level then life would be less headache instead of suing TPB and barking people with law suits. Any one else agree with me?[/citation]

I absolutely agree but that will never happen because if it did, the music and movie industries would lose their main source of income.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I don't see how you people find this odd. More or less everything that has a price behind it works that way. If you dont create an issue who will pay to fix it..? And why are all the viruses NON that damaging even if they infect you ( not just viruses.. ) when hey very simply could? Just good enough to know ou have to get rid of them by getting their products I would guess.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
The only thing I find odd is how little they pay...

I know it's inmoral, wrong etc., but regardless, this seems pretty cool.
Good with a computer and want to make some spare cash? Just infect the local school server!

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
the only way to stop their operations is to go after the individuals behind the crime rings directly.
[citation][nom]gekko668[/nom]If only the music and movie industries would hunt these people down at the ISP level then life would be less headache instead of suing TPB and barking people with law suits. Any one else agree with me?[/citation]

Agree whoel heartedly. Couldn't said it better myself. Once this is resolved....we need to ship Michael Moore to the moon.

nitto555rchallenger

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Its only a few pennies for a 100 social security #s. So infecting a PC w/ malware that can send data back and forth, whether its instructions to infect other PCs or DL info back to the bot herder is pretty simple in terms of hiding it from anti-virus software. Cuz all you have to do is make little changes, so its undetectable for the mean time. Places that are easy to attack are third-party companies that take the insurance risk of holding major companies' customer information. These third-party companies become compromised and then turn into real-deal spam mailers.

Chasing these people is very hard, because they use rogue ISPs that mask their clients' IP addresses and spoof their whois info, while the hackers can jump between these ISPs to mix it up.

Russia was able to cripple all communications, internet, and some place power grids of the country, Georgia. That's true cyber-terrorism. The same goes for China. They can shut-down internet and communications within itself to stop mass panic for example the latest Muslim rebellion in the north and Tibet demonstrations.

The US just passed a law to allow the same. Stating that its for the purpose of stopping the spread of a global/super-virus or worm, but its more like public censorship. The times are changing for better or worse, its changing fast.

werd

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Really if you think about it the malware market is great for us techies. If there were no viruses or bugs, there would be no money. Bring on the malware, i'll happily charge the infected 65 bucks an hour.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Hunting these guys down and canceling their tickets would be GREAT training for covert agents, regardless of the country in which they live. GAME OVER.

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
don't forget that stuff like 360 antivirus and rogues like that are program by Russian mafia.

In Korea, youngster can pitch in on that because they have access to cyber cafe and no money.... so they program....

pretty sad reality

larson0606

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I am a hacker who is skilled at hacking sites & retreiving passwords to accounts. I require either a Name, Friend ID, or E-mail address of the targets account(s). I have the help of a current 0-Day Exploit that allows me to gain remote access to the website servers and from there I find the password which is usually in an MD5 hash, from that I must decrypt to get the real password. The entire process takes about 30 minutes-1 hour to complete. All passwords are tested out 3 times before they get issued to any clients.I accept payment through LR (Liberty Reserve)s.
You can reach me at:larson0606@yahoo.com (Send me an IM on Y! messenger or a Mail)

magicsite

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
I work on computers and about 85% of repairs are removing this type of rouge anti-virus. I normally charge $40 to remove it but sometimes the hacker is really good and will disable safe mode and booting from the CD. I had one that was so bad it needed a complete windows re-install which runs about $85. My rates are lower than the bigger name guys, but I have to consider most of my clients are lower income. If a customer is out of reasonable driving area I usually recommend they try this first http://bit.ly/ebuLLA it's less than my fees and they refund if it does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.