Haiti: Man Uses iPhone and Camera to Survive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HVDynamo

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
[citation][nom]BurriedAlive[/nom]Not to belittle his situation, but i find it sad that he needed an iphone app to realize that he needed to put a bandage on his wounds. If i were burried in a collapsed building, bleeding uncontrollably from multiple wounds, the first thing i would have thought was "well, i better find something to stop all this bleeding before i pass out", not "i wonder what my iPhone app says i should do about all this bleeding..." Oh well. Need common sense? There's an app for that...[/citation]

I am fairly certain he used to iphone apps to aid him in properly attending to those wounds, not to tell him he needs to attend to them. your assumption is assuming he is a complete idiot, when obviously he isn't, he managed to use what he had with him to survive, for that I give him major kudos.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
[citation][nom]Igot1forya[/nom]"Buried under rubble? There's an app for that!"[/citation]

classic... and to think, his friends were probably telling him that the iphone was an overhyped glamor toy... course he may have had cell phone reception if he had Verizon's 3g coverage.

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
but seriously he used an iphone app to treat his wound, that means HE saved his own life, NOT his iphone, the iphone did not mend his wound for him, and if he doesn't know to put pressure on a wound to stop bleeding, how the hell did he manage to walk to the store and intelligently buy an iphone! because that just logic, and his wound must of been so massively bad that he able to walk out, i find this a load of BS really, my $40 nokia had a flash light, better than the iphone, man apple are wierd, they could sell dogsdhit call it ishit an everyone would buy it!

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]lashton[/nom]lol no one in haiti can afford an iphone, this is obviuus apple propaganda BS[/citation]

He was an american there for work.

[citation][nom]lashton[/nom]but seriously he used an iphone app to treat his wound, that means HE saved his own life, NOT his iphone, the iphone did not mend his wound for him, and if he doesn't know to put pressure on a wound to stop bleeding, how the hell did he manage to walk to the store and intelligently buy an iphone! because that just logic, and his wound must of been so massively bad that he able to walk out, i find this a load of BS really, my $40 nokia had a flash light, better than the iphone, man apple are wierd, they could sell dogsdhit call it ishit an everyone would buy it![/citation]

A lot of people don't know how to use a tourniquet correctly. Things can go really badly wrong if they're not correctly used. As in, amputation wrong.

Also, he used the light on his camera, and just kept taking photos until he saw an elevator in one of them.

Seriously, if you go to the doctor with a twisted ankle and he tells you to put it on ice and just stay off it for two days would you say the doctor fixed you or you fixed you?

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom]England: Man Uses Spoon and Cereal to Survive.[/citation]He did it without milk??? Now THAT is a survivor story for the record books, my friend![citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Seriously, if you go to the doctor with a twisted ankle and he tells you to put it on ice and just stay off it for two days would you say the doctor fixed you or you fixed you?[/citation]I'd say I want my copay back, or at least a prescription for some drugs. I like drugs. I wonder if there's an app for finding reputable drug dealers?

branson

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
did anybody catch this? He wrote a letter to his family .... IN THE DARK!! What did he do, write something-take a picture-verify what he wrote and where on the page he wrote it-continue writing. FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.