Half of Americans Predict That Facebook is Just a Fad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Apple has been in business for decades. I'm not sure about Apple going away anytime soon, especially with how fast they keep climbing right now. Apple might break $1Trillion market cap within the next few years.[/citation]
Well the iPhone can be at top for only so long. Without the iPhone Apple would've never gotten to where they are now and someday a better product will be out that will successfully dethrone the iPhone as the "cool" thing to have.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Apple has been in business for decades. I'm not sure about Apple going away anytime soon, especially with how fast they keep climbing right now. Apple might break $1Trillion market cap within the next few years.[/citation]
Remember though... It wasn't that long ago that MS had to bailout Apple to help avoid the anti-trust court.

rdhood

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Even young people can remember IRC, various incarnations of incompatible chat programs, My Space, and now facebook (and twitter, and four square, and pinterest). As we speak, the Chinese are working on dozens of their own intra-country versions of apps. It is logical to assume that someone could create something better than facebook.... any day.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rdhood[/nom]Even young people can remember IRC, various incarnations of incompatible chat programs, My Space, and now facebook (and twitter, and four square, and pinterest). As we speak, the Chinese are working on dozens of their own intra-country versions of apps. It is logical to assume that someone could create something better than facebook.... any day.[citation][nom]rdhood[/nom]

I still use IRC for downloading music.and what the hell is pinterest. its like a bunch of spammers started coming out with thousands of new social websites

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
yea, facebook is a fad...

can you remember all the search engines that you used before google.
now google isnt going anywhere

once someone does something right its really hard to shake it off

my space was like the angle fire of of social media and not hard to dethrone.
facebook is a juggernaut and will not die without one hell of a fight.

G

This Fbook IPO is gonna be the biggest wall street pump-and-dump since Enron...watch out guys.

syrious1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
This Fbook IPO is gonna be the biggest wall street pump-and-dump since Enron...watch out guys.

exaclty my thoughts, you know they mine and sell your data and personal information to the highest bidder. *cough* google *cough*

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]yea, facebook is a fad...can you remember all the search engines that you used before google. now google isnt going anywhereonce someone does something right its really hard to shake it offmy space was like the angle fire of of social media and not hard to dethrone. facebook is a juggernaut and will not die without one hell of a fight.[/citation]

I do remember all them. i also liked them alot more then google. my space was garbage facebook is garbage and anglefire wasnt that great. I for one cant wait till this anti social networking crap dies.

G

I hate Facebook, never liked it when I joined and still don't, the only reason I still use it is to connect with people that don't have other known forms of communication. the only social network I like is myyearbook because its easy to meat new and exciting people

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
i use FB less and less these days. I just hate all those apps that will take your basic info and repost things automatically on your behalf. When a better mousetrap comes along, i'll be among the first to switch over.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]stardude82[/nom]So what? 50% of Americans believe the world is only 6k years old.[/citation]
Sorry atheist troll but you are wrong. Most Christians don't believe your statement and only atheist scum like you that tell that lie.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]tonync_01[/nom]I'm not sure what you're basing this on. Facebook has been around and growing for about 8 years now, I don't think you can call that a fad.[/citation]
AOL is still around too

azconnie

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
The co-founder recently renounced his US citizenship, and fled to Singapor, pirate capital of the internet, as a tax dodge.

You have my opinion.

azconnie

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
The co-Founder recently renounced his US citizenship, and fled to Singapor, piracy capital of the internet, as a tax dodge.

You have my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.