Hands On: Popular Instagram App Now on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i dont think this is important enough to be a news story

biofrog

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2004
I'm not sure what the fascination is with this over the standard camera apps and all their social media sharing.. but figured I would give it a go and see for myself.

Then it told me it was incompatible with my Asus Transformer o_O

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
I don't see the big deal...you can use your phone camera app, shoot a photo and share it instantly to facebook....what's the difference????? I've been doing that since last year on my first Android phone.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Count me in the "old" group, i have no idea what the appeal of this instagram is. Why would you want to take a photo then purposely filter it back to a 70's Polaroid is beyond me (having been someone to have used one).

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Never liked Instagram, added too much fakeness to images. As a budding dSLR photographer I absolutely hate any post-processing that I can't have precise control over.

son1tus

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
I see the appeal for those who don't know anything about photography who want their photos to have a more "post production" or edgy look. But by no means does this make the user a real photographer. I've already seen my FB wall inundated with useless high contrast, washed out, grainy photos of people's cats and other such "artistic" expressions.
Yet again, I see no problem with the tool, but as usual I am afraid of the intentions of the user.

tl;dr: hipster cam
also WTF 17MB and no xfer to SD?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.