Have to reinstall GeForce driver each time PC boots up

TTD187

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014
I'm running an MSI GTX 770 2GB and have suddenly come to a point of having to reinstall my drivers each time I boot my PC up.

Before the issue, I'd be running games smoothly at 1060p@60fps, however just before this driver update, I noticed games running at a much lower frame rate than I'm used to, regardless of whether V-sync is on. The frame rate mostly seems to be between 20 to 30 while gaming and sometimes reaches up to 40 in certain menu screens.

The issue persists over all games I've tested and know to have run smoothly before.

I made attempts to figure out what was going on by going into the control panel, though nothing appeared to be wrong and I did mess around with V-sync a little too. All that changed was the expected screen-tearing showed up.

I ended up reinstalling the driver (I always wipe over the previous driver in the custom options) which did fix the problem, however, upon booting the PC again, the issue has come back.

Does anyone have any idea as to what's going on? Why is it I have to reinstall the drivers after every boot up?

Thank you.

Thank you.

TTD187

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014

Sorry, I think it might be my wording. I'll go back to reword it.

My issue is that previously, I was able to run games perfectly fine (I'm playing mostly older games right now, so tend to achieve 1080p@60fps), now my card struggles to perform as well as before. I tend to be playing at around 30 fps, often times lower regardless of V-sync.

When I reinstall the drivers, everything runs as smooth as it would before.

TTD187

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014

I sadly don't have another PC on hand to be testing my card in. Maybe I could try out a few other things to try seeing if it's something else that's not working properly?

TTD187

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014

I'm not so sure if this was relevant as I'm using an SSD, but I did check regardless, the results came up as "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

Would this point more towards the GPU then?

TTD187

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014
Struggling to find someone to let me install my GPU in their machine :/

Was just looking at the device manager and in the events tab of the properties for the GPU, the information states "Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1184&SUBSYS_28251462&REV_A1\4&160685d9&0&0009 requires further installation."

I'm just going to install the driver and see if this changes (will edit this post).

Edit: Nah, no change. Maybe if I keep asking people, someone will let me use their PC to test it out.