Question Having problems getting an HDMI Switcher working on my Amazon Fire TV Omni

Jun 16, 2022
Hello:

I am new to the forum and am trying to see if anyone can help me.

My old Vizio HDTV that I had since 2007 died on me and I had to get a new TV so I got an Amazon Fire TV Omni.

I tried running my old Rocketfish HDMI switcher and I was getting no video and audio out of it.

I was told by my brother that the splitter might be incompatable with the new 4KTV's so I bought a splitter on Amazon which was a SGEYR 4-Port switcher that supported 4K.

I have my Xbox One, my WiiU and my Funai DVD/VCR combo player which I have hooked up to my cable box to the switcher.

I have video but the problem is on the SGEYR switcher I got either a red or green line right down the middle when I switch it to my WiiU on my DVD/VCR player. I have no such issue on the Xbox One which shows a full picture. The problem is I can't get any sound out of the switcher playing on my Fire TV Omni.

My question is, do I have to get a better switcher? Am I doing something wrong? Is there something in the settings on the TV that I'm missing? I have no idea what to do.

Sounds like it's a switcher issue. Do all the devices work fine without it on the TV directly? If yes, the switcher is the issue. Those things are usually not very good at the cheap end, the ones used in business are hundreds or thousands of dollars. Maybe try a used higher end model like this Crestron although it may need other parts to work since they are usually integrated into a larger system so find and read the manual https://www.ebay.com/itm/234546569668?hash=item369c10a1c4:g:QqYAAOSwrLBieoX7 We use those things at work, and even though they are cheap used, they are several hundred dollars new.