Having trouble choosing a laptop

Jul 4, 2018
Hey guys, i'm stuck between getting a i5 7300hq and the gtx 1050TI 4gb vs i5 8300hq and the gtx 1050 4gb Could you guys help me out? I'm Looking for the better laptop for gaming.

Solution
The i5-8300HQ is definitely the more powerful CPU because it can turbo boost up to 4.0GHz (when one core is used) compared to 3.5GHz that the i5-7300HQ is capable of reaching (also only on one core). The i5-8300HQ also has Hyper Threading (HT) which allows each core to process two threads of instructions instead of only one that the i5-7300HQ is capable of.

However... the vast majority of games do not benefit from HT. Additionally, the vast majority of games benefits more from a more powerful GPU as opposed to a more powerful CPU. I am aware of only two games that can take advantage of HT; Overwatch and the most recent Rainbow Six. But not enough to compensate for the fact that the GTX 1050 Ti is more powerful than the GTX 1050.
The i5-8300HQ is definitely the more powerful CPU because it can turbo boost up to 4.0GHz (when one core is used) compared to 3.5GHz that the i5-7300HQ is capable of reaching (also only on one core). The i5-8300HQ also has Hyper Threading (HT) which allows each core to process two threads of instructions instead of only one that the i5-7300HQ is capable of.

However... the vast majority of games do not benefit from HT. Additionally, the vast majority of games benefits more from a more powerful GPU as opposed to a more powerful CPU. I am aware of only two games that can take advantage of HT; Overwatch and the most recent Rainbow Six. But not enough to compensate for the fact that the GTX 1050 Ti is more powerful than the GTX 1050.

Solution