HDMI Output into Input

MonkeyPunk

Estimable
Jan 2, 2016
Is there a way to convert my computer's HDMI Output into a Input for my PS4? Like is there a cable I can buy or a safe program I can download? I have a Asus Transformer Book Flip TP500L. Thanks in advance!

Solution
no. video input will always be input, video output will always be output.

if you had planned to use your laptop/pad as a cheap monitor, the adapters needed to bring video to it are likely worth more than just buying a cheap monitor to use with the ps3 and even if you get video input, there will be certain negatives with it as well. if you want to record ps3 gameplay, you would want a capture card. if you are thinking "i can use a capture card or similar to display on my screen" be aware of latency in doing so (lag) which is going to make playing games much worse.

tldr; a cheap monitor would suit you better
no. video input will always be input, video output will always be output.

if you had planned to use your laptop/pad as a cheap monitor, the adapters needed to bring video to it are likely worth more than just buying a cheap monitor to use with the ps3 and even if you get video input, there will be certain negatives with it as well. if you want to record ps3 gameplay, you would want a capture card. if you are thinking "i can use a capture card or similar to display on my screen" be aware of latency in doing so (lag) which is going to make playing games much worse.

tldr; a cheap monitor would suit you better

Solution