Question HDMI splitter problems

Oct 18, 2023
We have an HDMI splitter that’s channeled into our wall, hiding the cables. It used to work perfectly, and then we upgraded our TV - the TiVo box suddenly started flickering when connected via the splitter, but works perfectly plugged directly into the TV (it’s the same cable as always, the only new variable in this situation is the TV).

Currently the only thing going through the splitter is a PS4, and again it works perfectly.

Today we bought a PS5, and the HDMI cable is noticeably different (I know it’s 2.1). When I plug it into the splitter, the TV says “PlayStation 5” as a channel - indicating it acknowledges it - but it then says “no signal” and won’t display anything. I have to connect the PS5 directly into the TV.

So the situation is:

• splitter worked perfectly on previous Sony Bravia
  • upgraded TV to newer Bravia, with eARC support
  • TiVo box works through splitter but will flicker randomly, so is now directly connected to TV
  • PS4 works perfectly through splitter
  • PS5 doesn’t work at all through splitter
The splitter is not removable without having someone come and tear through the wall again, so I can’t easily replace it with a new one.

Does this sound like an incompatibility somewhere?

Oct 18, 2023
All signs point to the splitter box itself not playing nice with your new toys. Where the issue lies in that equation, I'm not sure but the work you've done in testing seems to show the box is the problem.
I suppose I’ll have to buy a newer one and see if that helps, then decide what to do about the wall if it works. Someone has suggested to me to turn off ARC in case that’s the problem, what do you think to that?