Hdmi to optical audio converter

Sep 6, 2018
I have Sony TV having 4 hdmi ports ,usb but not any optical port. My lg soundbar has optical, USB ports and no hdmi port. How I connect TV to sounbar. I want digital audio,not aux cable audio.

If the Sony TV has an HDMI input labeled HDMI-ARC then you can get an HDMI-ARC audio extractor which will give you an optical audio output for the soundbar. Check the TV manual on how to turn on and use ARC.
If it doesn't then you can't get digital audio from the TV. You can get it from any external sources either directly or with an HDMI input selector with audio extraction.

Lutfij

Splendid
Please pass on the model for your TV and the model for your sound bar. Most often the soundbar will ave a secondary method of connectivity to a TV via RCA connectors or an HDMI ARC port. This is why I've asked for the model of both devices in case you've missed a connectivity option.

If the Sony TV has an HDMI input labeled HDMI-ARC then you can get an HDMI-ARC audio extractor which will give you an optical audio output for the soundbar. Check the TV manual on how to turn on and use ARC.
If it doesn't then you can't get digital audio from the TV. You can get it from any external sources either directly or with an HDMI input selector with audio extraction.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 7
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1