headphones max 150£ (1500 Norwegian kroners)

rambostyrer

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Hi

So i'm looking for a good set of headphones (no earplugs/headsets) that i use at my computer for gaming and Music (mostly rock/metal) and occasional film/tv watching.
They will only be used at my computer, as i use earplugs (for podcasts) when i'm outside moving around.

I need them to be Comfortable, as I will be wearing them for hours on end.
a long wire to reach my computer from where I sit.
and a noisy wire really irritates me (i'm very easily distracted).

don't need a lot of bass, but would prefer i more "balanced" sound.
Sound isolation isn't an issue.

senkasaw

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
My go to headphones for under 200(USD) are sony mdr-v6. Excellence quality for the price. Nice flat balance. You might have a hard time finding those in Norway though... sony mdr-7506 should be the available alternative.

I own 2 sets of mdr-v6's and one mdr-7506. They have comparable sound...very similar. The v6's are a bit more flat tho. The 7506's are a bit heavier in the bass department and imo not quite as clean sounding. But honestly, I have to be super critical to tell any difference at all.

I have tried various models of sennheiser and audio technica, as well as bose (all of these have been good, though the bose are overpriced for the sound you get) and some others (beats and the like...ick) ...I always go back to my Sony mdr sets :)

Audio quality/preference is subjective though, so this is just my opinion, hope it helps!

rambostyrer

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
hmm doesn't seem like I can find them in Norwegian (online) stores, maybe they arent awailable here or there is some sort of changed name for them here (have seen that in other types of electronics)

senkasaw

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010