Headphones Not Working

MrBrazen

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014
Hello everyone!

I have the Turtle Beach Seven XP headset. This headset has two different sound paths, so it registers as two different headsets on the computer. There is one for chat and one for game, both of which are marked as such in the playback devices. I have the chat normally set as my default communications device while the game is set to be my default device. This allows me to keep my chat from being surround sound.

Anyway, the problem is that my game sound is not working. This is a a brand new problem. One that just started this morning after I turned my computer on after having worked last night. I have it set as my default device and it shows that my sound is working when I test the device through the playback manager and normally, however no actual sound is coming through my headset and I don't know why.

PS, chat works perfectly fine and when I put it as both my default device and communications device, it plays sound normally.

PSS, upon plugging my headset into my Xbox 360, I discovered that the sound worked perfectly so I do not believe it to be a cable issue.

MrBrazen

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014
No, no. My headset registers as two different ones, gaming(which is surround sound) and chat(which isn't) and the gaming part was not playing any sound at all. It wasn't playing sounds from any thing from my computer, not just games.