Headphones or Earbuds at $70

CreepyBobo346

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014
I’m in the middle of choosing earbuds and came across a deal on Amazon and was wondering if there was anything better than these at the same price ($70).

My budget is low and can’t go past $80.
I listen to mostly electronic (not bass heavy, but more oriented towards mids and highs), and hip-hop (the typical modern mainstream hip-hop).
A microphone would be nice as I do use Skype and Discord often.
I use onboard sound (Realtek ALC1150).

Solution
For that price, I would highly recommend Audio Technica ATH-IM50s from Amazon.

It has the perfect blend of lows/mid/highs. Lows are not overpowering, but will compliment your hip-hop music very well.

It does not have a mic, so that could be a deterrent.

If you're looking for best bang for your buck in terms of sound quality, I would recommend these. But, if you need mic capabilities, then I believe the ones that you are looking at are going to be good. Klipsch makes good audio products so you can't go wrong with them.

jvc21

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
For that price, I would highly recommend Audio Technica ATH-IM50s from Amazon.

It has the perfect blend of lows/mid/highs. Lows are not overpowering, but will compliment your hip-hop music very well.

It does not have a mic, so that could be a deterrent.

If you're looking for best bang for your buck in terms of sound quality, I would recommend these. But, if you need mic capabilities, then I believe the ones that you are looking at are going to be good. Klipsch makes good audio products so you can't go wrong with them.

Solution

bjornl

Estimable
From a non-audiophile perspective, I high recommend these:
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW/
Philips SHP9500

They are over the ear (not on the ear, which I can't stand). They are moderately light. Very comfortable. They have a mesh earpad so your head won't sweat for extended wearing. We compared 4 in this price range and 2 that cost more and this was unanimous selection between the 7 which took part. The reviews on amazon are very good with lots of votes. 4.6 with 565 voting. They are just under 70.

CreepyBobo346

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014
I think I’ll go with the ones I found on Amazon, the deal is very good at they used to retail for $350 and I don’t want to miss out on such a good deal.
The microphone is also extremely useful for me as in-game communication is a must.