Headphones with mic but only one audio jack

Zod1acGam1ng02

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
Recently brought a pair of headsets with a mic. My laptop has an audio jack with a picture of the mic and headset. The headset came with an adapter thing which merges the two cords to fit into a singular audio jack. I've looked at many different forums on here and they suggest i use realtek audio manager thing but my laptop doesnt have it and it says no drivers for my laptop. I've tried it in a pc with the two jacks and both speakers and mic worked. where my laptop only allows the speakers to work and not the mic. Also in my "recording devices" and "playback devices" it shows only the default speakers/mic even though the headset speakers work where on a pc it shows the "headset" and "mic" for my headset rather than the default

help ;-; thanks in advance

Zod1acGam1ng02

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
I tested it in a mates laptop recently and where my laptop had the speakers working, his has both the speakers and mic working, but it would play the audio through both laptops speakers and headphone speakers, in saying that he also had the realtek audio manage.

Zod1acGam1ng02

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
Tested it within another laptop which had a singular audio jack and both the mic and headset worked perfectly! only difference between that one and mine is the realtek audio manager i believe.