Headset Static Noise Suddenly

Chase Chamliss

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
Yesterday I put in new thermal paste on my CPU and did better cable management in my system. I ran a stress test for an hour and the computer ran fine. When I was gaming on Arma 2 OA (Yeah I know, an oldie) everything was well until an hour later, I started getting static noise through my headphones that I never heard before. No matter if I plugged it into the front audio ports or back audio ports, the static still continued. I have a Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 and has worked fined until yesterday. Today, I reapplied the thermal paste and redid some of the wiring but the static is still there. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! It's getting quite annoying! :p (I also downloaded latest drivers)

Louis At Skowhegan

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
If your headset is wired, check it for damages along the cable and at both ends. See if anything feels loose on it.

Try it on another computer or phone to see if the static is unique to your computer or headset.

Chase Chamliss

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
It seems that when I hook up my headsets to the other computer it still makes that same static noise even without the drivers installed. I might try updating the drivers on my main PC but if that doesn't work..., I don't know what will :I

Merdocc

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
I had a similar problem recently, my Roccat Kaves were running perfect then 'all of a sudden' crazy hissing. It seems that there may be deeper issues for others but mine turned out to be the mic boost had somehow been defaulted to full.
You can find this by going to your recording devices (right click the speaker icon in your system tray) click on the levels tab and check your mic boost. I dropped mine back down and all was well again.