Heating and Performance Issues

Vallian

Estimable
Jun 20, 2014
This is a copy/paste of what I sent to MSI support. They ended up closing my ticket with no reply and just set up another RMA. I can't keep paying to ship my laptop that won't get decently looked at and just gets passed off because the program says it's "okay". I've had this laptop for about 4 and a half months and this started happening about a month into owning it.

"I recently got my laptop back from my RMA around the 14th-15th of November, 2016 and everything was good for the 2 weeks I had it back and today everything seems to be back to how it was before. I'm still getting BSOD and having performance and heating issues. I'm extremely pissed about how my RMA was handled as well. They got it and checked it in and then shipped it out the same fucking day with only a fixed screen and none of my issues addressed. "The program said all of your hardware was okay" This is an unacceptable reply as it means I just spend 30$ sending my laptop in to get all of my problems fixed but didn't get anything fixed because the program said it was okay. How can you get a definitive answer to a problem by having it for less than half of a day? I haven't even had my laptop for half a year and it's already having problems. I almost feel like I regret buying this laptop since it has so many problems. As I'm writing this the temps at 60-70c and while gaming it's almost always over 85~c and going all the way up to 90-95c. I will not reinstall windows for the 5th time for this issue to still persist. I need someone who will take my issue seriously and not dismiss me by telling me to reinstall windows like my last ticket reply."

I've down clocked my cpu to stock (2.7) recently since it came at 3.498 ghz when I bought it. I am a very new person to laptop stuff and know little to nothing about overclocking. I almost feel like I'm being shamed for buying their product and having the audacity to get an issue that I have no control over. If anyone can help me out i'd be greatly appreciated and if you need more info, don't hesitate to ask or if you want to DM me for whatever reason regarding this.

Put it back to 3.2 as it seemed to effect nothing and helped none.

What exact model laptop is it? Would I be correct in assuming that you are using the laptop on a flat hard surface when it is overheating? I wonder if the cpu and gpu need repasting due to a crappy job being done during original assembly...

Vallian

Estimable
Jun 20, 2014

It is a GP62 6QE LEOPARD PRO-002.
It's also on a hard surface on top of a cooling pad.