Solved! Help: 100% Disk usage Windows 10

May 7, 2019
Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me. I am currently using windows 10. My laptop is i think almost 2 years old and this is the first time i have encountered this problem.
After i open my laptop, i wonder why it is so slow and then i check the task manager to find out that my disk is 100 percent but my cpu and ram is so low. Its like less than 20% only. I tried disabling like windows search, superfetch etc. I also check my disk with no problem, scan for virus and malware. Nothing seems to be working. Also now i cant do anything cause whenever i open my laptop, it only freezes in desktop and i cant click anything and my mouse just keeps spinning and not responding. Ctrl+Alt+Del even doesnt work. So my only choice is to press power button long enough to shut down my laptop.
Can someone help me with my problem please :(

Solution
There should be no reason to get a new drive. Use of resources is not the same as using up all your storage.

Did you check to make sure nothing was actually running in the background that you don't know about? Not in "Task Manager". Go to "Start" and in the search box type "msconfig" (without the quotes). This will load the "System Configuration" program. NOTE: Be careful what you change in here. You don't want to make things worse.

In "System Configuration" go to the "Startup" tab and see what is set to run as soon as you start up. Often there are things in there you will not want running as soon as you start the computer. You may even find old things in there for programs you no longer use or no longer have installed. Once you are...
There should be no reason to get a new drive. Use of resources is not the same as using up all your storage.

Did you check to make sure nothing was actually running in the background that you don't know about? Not in "Task Manager". Go to "Start" and in the search box type "msconfig" (without the quotes). This will load the "System Configuration" program. NOTE: Be careful what you change in here. You don't want to make things worse.

In "System Configuration" go to the "Startup" tab and see what is set to run as soon as you start up. Often there are things in there you will not want running as soon as you start the computer. You may even find old things in there for programs you no longer use or no longer have installed. Once you are sure what a program listed does (check online if you aren't sure) uncheck the box next to it to change it to not start when you start up the computer. Once you have made all the changes you want, click "Apply" and then "OK" and reboot your computer (turn it off and back on). This should make things run much smoother.

I suggest not messing with things in the other tabs in "System Configuration".

After doing all that, I would also suggest good deep malware and virus scans (they are not the same thing) to make sure nothing else is using up your resources.

Solution
May 7, 2019

In "System Configuration" go to the "Startup" tab and see what is set to run as soon as you start up. Often there are things in there you will not want running as soon as you start the computer. You may even find old things in there for programs you no longer use or no longer have installed. Once you are sure what a program listed does (check online if you aren't sure) uncheck the box next to it to change it to not start when you start up the computer. Once you have made all the changes you want, click "Apply" and then "OK" and reboot your computer (turn it off and back on). This should make things run much smoother.

I suggest not messing with things in the other tabs in "System Configuration".

After doing all that, I would also suggest good deep malware and virus scans (they are not the same thing) to make sure nothing else is using up your resources.
Oh no. Now i cant really open my laptop. It is stuck in startup and says "preparing automatic repair". After that it goes blank screen. I tried to turn it off but it always stays the same whenever i open it. What could be the meaning of this? This is so frustrating help :(

May 7, 2019
What did you do before this happened exactly? As you didn't say it was giving such errors before.
Nothing. I was just using it smoothly and suddenly it freezes and cant do anything so i force it to shutdown and when i open it again, its stuck in startup. I waited like 6hrs but nothing happened. Help me :(

Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load or not.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Reactions: Farhaanah19