help, anyone use Juno?...

dinkster9

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2001
I'm using Juno 5.0 (platinum i guess) for my email. I like them and everything is fine, except for that stupid 600x800 windows that has priority focus when you go to check your email. So i'm on a 56k dialup and juno sends me about 1/2 a meg of picture junk mails, so for about 10 minutes i get to stare at my computer downloading emails, i would much rather be doing something else but can't see enough of the screen to even read word documents or search ebay...i know there are programs to kill this thing, but all i want to do is not have the window at full focus...besides paying for their internet service (which i don't need) is there a way to disable this?

"sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick"
*grabs a stick and places it into the flames; mmmm, smores*
%Think before you act would be a good motto%

freakmn

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't found a way to disable it, however, I have found that if you hit the windows desktop quicklaunch button (Win98 or higher), the main window geos away, and you can do some things. If you crank up your resolution a lot, it gets smaller and smaller. You could also go to webmail.juno.com to check your email if you have an internet connection. This doesn't take control of your computer.