help buy smartphone

username01

Estimable
Mar 26, 2014
Hello,

I've worked as a network/system win/linux admin, so i know something about computers, but when come to smartphones i'm pretty much useless, I never owned one as I can't stand them, for reasons not to discuss.

Still, I have to buy one in the next couple of weeks, so i'd be greatfull if anyone could suggest what should I look for.

I'll try to list below, in approximate order of importance, what I think i'd like that phone to be, please forgive me for low level of knowledge in this area:

- will be used as regular phone, light internet, photo/film, gps-satnav
- cheapest possible, second-hand option welcome (100-200 eur perhaps?)
- no contract, obviously
- sd memory card slot is a must
- removable battery will be nice
- i dont care what OS will be running, or what kind of smartphone it is
- reasonable camera performance, if possible
- not interested in special features (other gadgets, underwater resistance, etc)
- in case of multiple similar options, i'd like the smallest one, or with the most customisable OS

what do you suggest I should buy? thank you!

Sam0oneau

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
One has a 5 megapixel camera and the other a 3 megapixel, they run android so they should do most things but they're not so fast in pure performance and 5 megapixels is not too great for a camera.

username01

Estimable
Mar 26, 2014
I live in uk, I have no prefferences for the carrier, I still have to buy the sim. can be vodafone, O2, t-mobile.... if you have a specific sugestion, will be welcome