Help.. Cannot connect to home wireless network.

Meesh123

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
Purchased and set up Samsung Smart TV two months ago. Now the TV is not connected and shows no way to connect it to home network. The problem is that it worked the day I hooked it up and I purchased it to watch Netflix and used the apps. No longer show apps as well... What is going on?

Meesh123

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
No it does not! That is what is baffling. I set it up for friend who has been hospitalized. She started using it after coming home from rehab and has never been able to see or use apps. I set it up and opened several apps back a few months ago.

Meesh123

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
No it does not! That is what is baffling. I set it up for friend who has been hospitalized. She started using it after coming home from rehab and has never been able to see or use apps. I set it up and opened several apps back a few months ago.

Meesh123

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
I also contacted Samsung gave them model no. And they said it is a smart TV but that it cannot connect to wireless network. How can I set it up to the network and it stops working g and disappears from the TV?

The older Samsung Smart TVs generally come with an ethernet port and require a wired network connection. If you want to connect wirelessly, they sell a model-specific wifi adapter which plugs into the TV's USB port.

Their newer models come wifi-capable out the box. But your conversation with Samsung seems to indicate this particular TV model does not have wifi capability. You probably had the TV plugged into the network with an ethernet cable when you first set it up.

Meesh123

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016

Recon1810

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
This worked the day you picked it up correct? So you must have gone through the setup to connect to a wireless network and even setup Netflix through it which typically requires you to log in via a website to put in a code to allow new device to use your Netflix account. So, if its not your network (check by testing with another wireless device) it may just be the TV. See if there is a firmware upgrade on their website. If there is an update, you should be able to download it to a flash drive and update the TV through a USB port.