Help Choosing a Laptop

jts105

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
1. Up to $300 ($400 if that's not realistic)

2. Any size honestly, as long as it's not a netbook size

3. What screen resolution do you want? Any resolution is good, 720p is always nice.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Just portable, I have a kick-butt desktop.

5. How much battery life do you need? 6 hours would be good, it's really negotiable for me.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Only Elsword, really. It's a non graphics intensive mmo.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Watching videos, word processing, listening to music, torrenting.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Ok so I really want a laptop with a nice ssd, as big as possible for the budget. That's the main thing I want here.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? A couple of years at the least.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't NEED and optical drive, but dvd, I suppose.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I like some ASUS products, and Acer and Dell seem to have good reps. I don't want....well any brand known to be terrible.

13. What country do you live in? The United States. Seattle to be precise.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. None that I can think of.