Solved! Help choosing a new laptop!

Dec 6, 2018
Hey everyone! I am looking to buy a new laptop and I have narrowed it down to a couple options, but before I buy, I was hoping to get some feedback and suggestions.

First, I'll be using the computer for basic everyday tasks such as web browsing, email, etc.

Secondly, I am a college student and I am working on my degree in Information technology. I do all of the courses online and use Office 365. I will also be using Python to complete some coding projects.

Finally, I would like the ability to possibly record some basic music tracks. Nothing fancy, I just write a song or two here and there and it'd be nice to get the ideas down. However, this is not a make or break and school/coding is more important.

The laptops I have been looking at are the Lenovo X1 Carbon, Lenovo C930 Yoga, Dell XPS 13, and the New 2018 HP X360 (the one with the angled corners). All of them have 16GB memory and 512 Storage, also each has 8th gen core i7 processors.The HP seems to have the newest core i7 with it being a 8565U. the others use 8550U processors.

Wondering what recommendations folks have on these laptops or if there is another brand/model I should take a look at.

I am happy to answer any other questions as well!

Thank you for reading and for the assistance!

Solution
Hey. I'd suggest Dell or Lenovo. Just because I have a bad experience with HP a few years ago.
They're all good for your tasks and for Python coding as much.
Speaking about CPUs it's actually doesn't play a very big role. They're all quite the same in everyday tasks even though 8565u has higher single core turbo boost.
What is for music it depends more on software than on hardware. So there's no difference.
If I were you I'd buy Dell just because I like how it looks.
Nov 6, 2018
Hey. I'd suggest Dell or Lenovo. Just because I have a bad experience with HP a few years ago.
They're all good for your tasks and for Python coding as much.
Speaking about CPUs it's actually doesn't play a very big role. They're all quite the same in everyday tasks even though 8565u has higher single core turbo boost.
What is for music it depends more on software than on hardware. So there's no difference.
If I were you I'd buy Dell just because I like how it looks.

Solution