help fix keys on keypad

Beth_21

Prominent
May 25, 2017
I have a Lenovo laptop and one day was working fine and now the 'at' sign doesn't work at all is there anything I can do to fix it without taking it to a shop?

Solution
I was tempted to say "keyboards are relatively simple to replace and not too expensive". But, I don't know about "most". I would start by looking for a replacement on the web, ebay maybe, searching by model number. Don't buy a used one... I have replaced keyboards on three different lenovo thinkpads and even individual keys on something or other. None of the tasks can be too difficult if I can do it. Post your full model number and somebody can tell you whether you can replace individual keys or if whole keyboard is the solution. Some keyboards can just get dirt under a key to keep it from contacting.

oldkid1943

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
I was tempted to say "keyboards are relatively simple to replace and not too expensive". But, I don't know about "most". I would start by looking for a replacement on the web, ebay maybe, searching by model number. Don't buy a used one... I have replaced keyboards on three different lenovo thinkpads and even individual keys on something or other. None of the tasks can be too difficult if I can do it. Post your full model number and somebody can tell you whether you can replace individual keys or if whole keyboard is the solution. Some keyboards can just get dirt under a key to keep it from contacting.

Solution