HELP! Google's SafeSearch cannot be disabled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsguy21

Honorable
Oct 27, 2015
I'm trying for over 4 hours now to find a solution to my problem, scrolling through google forums
posts, and articles in general but nothing! No matter what i try google's SafeSearch is always on!
I don't think that is some kind of setting in my router cause in my two laptops (windows 10) and on
my iphone i can turn on and off Google's SafeSearch. In other search engines i can turn on and
off the SafeSearch with no problem on the same pc...

Is it possible to be a limitation due to the fact the my windows 7, that i use on desktop, was provited by my university? Just to point out that my PC is owned by me and not the university, i bought it and built it! But still, it's the only logical explanation, i could think of why this is happening!

Please help me, have tried every solution i could think of or that i found online with no results!!

popatim

Splendid
Sounds like Safesearch needs to be unlocked first before it can be turned off.
  • Visit the Search Settings page.
    To Unlock SafeSearch, click the UnLock SafeSearch link next to "Filter explicit results." At this point, you may be prompted to sign in.
    Once you're signed in, confirm that you want unlock SafeSearch by clicking UnLock SafeSearch.
    To turn off SafeSearch, uncheck the box next to "Filter explicit results."

rsguy21

Honorable
Oct 27, 2015
@Alabalcho i'm restricted in yahoo or bing.. the fun part is that university just provide the copy of the windows and noone manages my desktop except me! As i said i build it with parts i bought!

@popatim Unlocking SafeSearch was one first thing i did, but it SafeSearch turns itselfs on after disabling it..

PNika

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Google safesearch lock can't be turned off. Earlier there was option to turned it off. But now its not available. You can uninstall the browser, in which you have locked the safesearch filter. And then install it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.