HELP HELP MacBook Pro Sleep/Wake issue!

Charlie Pawlak

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
When I wake my MacBook Pro from sleep, the wireless indicator displays an exclamation mark and there is no internet connection. When I click it, I get a spinning beach ball and the whole menu bar freezes up. I always end up having to force restart the computer because clicking restart just lands me on a black screen. Most programs will still open but system preferences will not for some reason.

I have tried the following:
Removing all items from Login items
Ethernet connection
Relaunching Finder
Restarting SystemUIserver in Activity Monitor

What should I do? If nothing works, my last resort is to Clear HDD and reinstall OSX.

Solution
Definitely try the things that Vembutech is suggesting, but as a last resort you should consider visiting the apple store. In some cases, if the computer is not very old, they will see that it was not your fault and that something malfunctioned, and they will fix it free of charge.

Charlie Pawlak

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Well, I guess I will try that. I also started noticing another symptom. When I go into safe mode, a lot of screen artifacts appear when there is an animation or if im moving a window around. Is this normal?

MrSentry

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
Definitely try the things that Vembutech is suggesting, but as a last resort you should consider visiting the apple store. In some cases, if the computer is not very old, they will see that it was not your fault and that something malfunctioned, and they will fix it free of charge.

Solution