Solved! Help! HP Probook 450 G3

Jul 8, 2019
Will not turn back on. I had disassembled my laptop to check the hinges since it wasn’t staying properly open. I removed the top cover and reassembled the unit and when I went to power it back on, nothing. I have no idea what is causing this laptop not to power back on. I took it apart and put it back together in hopes something was maybe loose and still no power. Any ideas?

did you remove the main battery and only power it on with the charger connected?

Is the charger working properly?
is the charger port of the laptop ok?

remove the HDD and RAM, put back one RAM and exchange the RAM if possible, using only one at a time. Try all of the slots.

remove power, remove the CMOS battery, push the power buttton about 30seconds, after that, place the battery (plus is visible on top) back in and try powering on again

Jul 8, 2019
did you remove the main battery and only power it on with the charger connected?

Is the charger working properly?
is the charger port of the laptop ok?

remove the HDD and RAM, put back one RAM and exchange the RAM if possible, using only one at a time. Try all of the slots.

remove power, remove the CMOS battery, push the power buttton about 30seconds, after that, place the battery (plus is visible on top) back in and try powering on again

I have tried the above for mentioned response and to answer, it still won’t power back on. I had disassembled it checked the connections and everything is in order. Not to mention the laptop was working fine before I went to disassemble and reassemble to keep my mind sharp on components. Nothing seems to bring this to life. RAM and HDD work fine no need to replacement the power button just isn’t turning it on and when I remove battery and try just the plug in still nothing.