Help identifying/removing particular adware on Chrome. (Banners, pop ups, Ali Express, War Thunder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5hadowking115

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014
So, for the past month, there's been this virus that I'm not even sure how I got (I visit a few shady sites, so that's probably it, though I don't know specifics) it. I've compiled a few research pieces to analyze, but I don't even know where to begin. Here's a link with several files that I prepared if anyone can help.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5G3nXYpzvhxfkN3MW9Vc2hMcUNkaHBicE05RkhsUTl0RkluVHZRNnoxSkdKZWJPbnBxNmc&usp=sharing

I could really use the help. It's so annoying because everyday, the frequency increases. First, I encountered the adware every 20 pages or so. Now, it's about every 6, so it's getting worse. And now, there's little windows that pop up in the middle of the screen. Here's my PC info in case it helps:

-Computer: Aorus X7 Pro Gaming Laptop
-RAM: 16 GB Unknown Frequency and Manufacturer
-GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX 970M in SLI
-CPU: Intel I7 4870HQ

I just hope someone can help me.

5hadowking115

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014
Jesus Crust. I found the solution. Apparently, it was either one of two extensions (LinkChecker Lite, or Turn Off the Lights). I noticed it because earlier in the day, I had enabled them in incognito, but right now, I did some testing, and sure enough, when I clicked on a video (YES THAT KIND OF VIDEO, NOW SHUSH) it took me to the same redirect pages as before. Mystery solved, so now I just need to warn people that it's one of those two.

Jon-Doe

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015

Lol "Jesus Crust" sounds like a bad pizza ad.

Glad you found the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.