ASkyNinja

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
1. What is your budget? $850 - $950.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Must be 17"

3. What screen resolution do you want? Must be 1920 x 1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop Replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? More than 3 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Any new games on atleast high

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I do some video editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1TB or more

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
It can be from any company, but it MUST be on amazon

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Atleast 4-5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD R/W or better

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Any brands

13. What country do you live in? US

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I would prefer it if the laptop has a 4th Gen i7 processor.

Solution
Do not listen to Seladon, he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.

Look at this:http://www.amazon.com/G75VW-BBK5-2-30GHz-3-30GHz-i7-3610QM-1600MHz-5400RPM/dp/B0085P2DQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385592726&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+g75vw+bbk5

It meets all the specs that you listed above. I know from personal experience that it can run all the recent games (Assassins Creed Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, ARMA III, etc.). I have no doubt that It will be able to run decently with whichever video editing software you may need to use.

ASUS is a great company as well, and each laptop I have owned has lasted at least 4-5 years. They actually manufacture the majority of the parts that you will find inside any other...

Seladon-1370374

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
Nevermind, didn't include CPU, RAM and HDD...

I don't think that you can find anything that will play the most recent games on high settings in the laptop side, for that price. You could probably do that with a built PC though. Depends on if you really need it to be a laptop or not.

jc92

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Do not listen to Seladon, he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.

Look at this:http://www.amazon.com/G75VW-BBK5-2-30GHz-3-30GHz-i7-3610QM-1600MHz-5400RPM/dp/B0085P2DQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385592726&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+g75vw+bbk5

It meets all the specs that you listed above. I know from personal experience that it can run all the recent games (Assassins Creed Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, ARMA III, etc.). I have no doubt that It will be able to run decently with whichever video editing software you may need to use.

ASUS is a great company as well, and each laptop I have owned has lasted at least 4-5 years. They actually manufacture the majority of the parts that you will find inside any other computer you purchase today.

Solution