Help. Laptop Under $300 For School

awedusmaximus

Estimable
Mar 21, 2014
Hey Guys,

I need a laptop for online classes and whatever else I can get out of it for every day activites. The laptop budget I have is $300 or less (Will take rebate option).

1. What is your budget? $300 or less for laptop. $100 for protection warranty.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Doesn't matter.

3. What screen resolution do you want? Doesn't matter.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement.

5. How much battery life do you need? Doesn't matter.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No Games.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Movie streaming, data transfer via ethernet/wifi,

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB - 1TB. Will accept lower hard drive storage options to maximize performance.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Do not have a specific website. Warranty/Protection option would be nice for $100 extra over the $300 budget.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3+ years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD Writer, but not a requirement. Focused on performance for the budget.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Yes:
HP
ASUS
TOSHIBA

No:
DELL - Always have problems with their computers, but if you can recommend one that does break, let me know.
ACER - They give more bang per buck for important performance parts like CPU, but everything else is cheap. Break after 1 year.

13. What country do you live in? United States

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

It would be nice to have a solid laptop that work without warranty, but if it is a brand that breaks I would like the site of purchase to have a protection/warranty option.

Need the best processor I can get for the price mark and 4GB+ RAM. I can always add RAM later. (Hopefully i5 or i7, but I know that is a long shot.)

Don't care about the size.

Windows 7 or Higher.