Help me choose a laptop

Bogdacutu

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
1. What is your budget?
~$1400, but I'd rather not spend it all if not necessary :wahoo:

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13"-15"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
At least 1600x900, 1920x1080 preferred

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Already got a desktop, the laptop must be portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 5 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
For the games I'm looking to play (not high settings, low-medium - Dota 2, Minecraft, CS, Deus Ex HR), Intel HD 4000 would be enough, but I would prefer having a dedicated GPU.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
It will be used for web development most of the time (so it needs a nice keyboard and screen), I'll also need to use Photoshop every now and then

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
300GB

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 2 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't need any

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I like Asus because I've used a few laptops from them in the past and the build quality was very good

13. What country do you live in?
Romania

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I would prefer a laptop with metal body.

Thanks!

Arodri93

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
I think its clear that an asus vivobook is a great option it has all you require and a touch screen for much less than 1400. That is if you want asus you can also look into the lenovo u series. My sister owns and loves a u310 touch.

Bogdacutu

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013

Their screen resolution is too small for my needs :(