Mar 9, 2010
1_What is your budget?
Roughly $900 or under

2_What is the size of the notebook
that you are considering?
15-16 inches

3_What screen resolution do you want?
Not real important to me

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement

5_How much battery life do you need?
Couple hours, performance is what important.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Besides internet, word processing and some other basic school functions I will be mostly playing games. I need Starcraft 2 to run smoothly(medium would be fine), Total War series, Supreme Commander 2 and Planetside 2 whenever it comes out. (Planetside is most underrated game ever). Dont need them maxed out just Smooooth

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Watch DVDs, dont care about blue ray. Burn torrents onto DVDs. Very basic mutimedia management (IPOD, camera transfers). Some powerpoint

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
300+gb would be plenty

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
NEWEGG.com, open for anywhere else

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Throughout law school (3 years)

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD writer fine

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Had an acer for 3.5 years worked fine, just got robbed is now gone.

13_What country do you live in?
USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115733......... There is another version with the i5 520m for an extra $100. Is this worth it? What will the performance difference be?
All suggestions are open but I will not be going above my price mark. Please help a confused young man and thanks in advance!