Help me how to change display adapter to amd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhythin

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
When I brought this new lap it had two graphics drivers Intel and amd when I looked in control panel >display>adjust resolution >advanced settings and I see the adapter type as Intel p,s help me i need to change it to amd to play

Hi,

First, make sure that your laptop really have 2 GPU by going into Device Manager and under Display Adapters it should say Intel Graphics and AMD. If they are both present please follow these steps on how to switch from Intel to AMD.
- Open Control Panel and look for Catalyst Control Center then open it.
- Once opened click on "Power" then select "Switchable Graphics."
- Select an application for the list that you have and assign AMD or Intel with it. (like for games set them to AMD)

But if Catalyst Control Center is not listed, you'll need to uninstall/reinstall the AMD graphics driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD driver.
- Next is to uninstall anything related to AMD in Programs and Features.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do try the steps again that I've mentioned.

Rhythin

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016

When I looked for the fix it saw ur reply to another person saying that to uninstall amd driver from device manager so I did but when I reinstalled it it tell we could not find amd graphics driver .so how can reinstall it in a proper way

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhythin

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
Laptop nerd,
I have done everything that you told u told me to uninstall it and I have unintalled it and I now can not find it in device manager . I have downloaded the new update and it also does not work pls help bro u r my only hope in fixing this error

Status
Not open for further replies.