Help Me, Tom's Guide: Buy a TV Now or Wait for New Models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav71189

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
Thanks a lot Brian, for the detailed answer. I never expected to get a response such as this one. Really informative. I've decided to go for the last year's model since it would serve most of my needs. And the newer features might not justify the price increase for me.

nbouteille

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
Thanks a lot, I find this article really objective and I will probably follow your advice and buy a cheaper model from last year. However, one hesitation remains : when will the price be the lowest ? Now and up until end of March because they need to make space? What about April? Will the discounts suddenly stop on previous model? I would tend to believe that the discounts could be even greater when the new products are? Like when a new iPhone comes out... But maybe when the new TVs come out, the previous ones won't be here anymore because stores really needed space so they sold them to online resellers? So if I want to buy it from a physical store because I need them to help me install the big 65" screen in my living room, maybe I need not to wait for previous TVs to be gone? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.