Help my acer 7740g screen goes black when watching video etc

marklola

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hi people hope someone can help

I have a acer 7740g its been ok till yesterday when the screen cut off then came back on and I saw a message saying my graphics card had a problem

I can not remember what it said exactly as it popped up on the bottom right of my screen but then dissapeard

this has happened a few times BUT today the screen just cuts to black, not message and it does not come back on, the laptop is still on and working while the screen is black, so I have to turn it off and restart the laptop

This happens when ever it feels like it BUT its always when I play a video on a website etc

Ive got the amd gpu clock tool installed as when I used to play games I had to bump up the settings as they were on default and too low

I have actually formatted my laptop 3 days ago so I don't have any crap on my laptop when I installed the amd tool I noticed these settings were actually set too the high settings which I changed them too ages ago even though I formatted my laptop so I have lowered them back to the original defaults, although for some reason when I restart laptop they go back to the high settings so I keep lowering them each time

BUT it still cuts off

UPDATE

it has started doing this even when not watching videos my mouse curser froze on screen then after 5 seconds went black

any ideas?

marklola

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
here is a screen shot of the temps my laptop is running at

i have not been playing videos or anything so these temps or just from website use

30t51yh.jpg