Help needed with connection issues for VS touchpad 9.7

Kandex

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
Hi folks, first time asking anything here, hopefully this is not breaking any rules.

I recently bought a VS Touchpad 9.7, it is running Android version 4.0.4

Here is my issue.

When I got it I factory reset it, went through the set up and everything worked fine, it was a little slow however I expected that as I knew it wasn't that high spec.

I booted it up and went onto youtube to test a couple of different quality streams to see how good the display was and they didn't load. that wasn't too big a surprise, I have been having issues and arguments with my ISP (Virgin broadband uk) because of them seemingly throtling my connection at peak times.

I passed it off to the girlfriend to get her games she wanted to play however it couldn't connect, it had a connection time out issue which I expected as it had to download the newest version, once it got through (3 attempts) it downloaded amd she got her games but downloaded very very slow (15kb/sec on 60 meg connection)

since then the real issues have begun, she is having issues with anything that needs a connection to load, her fishing game gets stuck on the loading bar 20/30 times for one connection, her other games have the same issues and on top of that anything that requires the likes to connect to facebook and the likes gives a failure or just gives a web page not available, this is constant.

I went back to the place I bought it from however the store had closed down (this was unexpected as it was a big store) so replacement is not an option.

Everything else that is connected to the internet including my note 2, laptop, pc, tivo box etc is working fine and I have tried to change settings around to no avail.

Any help is very welcome.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Do you know what type of WiFi radios your other devices have? Are they wireless B, G, or N?

If they're all N devices, go to the routers settings and set it to only broadcast wireless N, not mixed B/G/N.

Also, on a smart phone, download the app "WiFi Explorer" from play store and run it. This app will tell you what channels that networks in your area are broadcasting on, and therefor what channels to avoid. Find a clear channel, and set your router to it.

Does it help at all?

Kandex

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
I have not tried the wifi radio channel however I am lucky in the regard that there is zero other connections around me so I am not getting any cross interference.

I shall have a look at the wifi radio now however the issue does seem to be stemming from the tablet itself and not the wifi.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
It may seem redundant, but it's worth checking every angle to be certain. Some devices have weaker radios than others, and they are unable to "hear" each other. This has happened to me in the past.

Also, what company did you buy it from and how long ago did you buy it?