Help! New Laptops Ideal for Both Gaming and 3D Design :(

evanwheejackson

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
Hi from Jakarta, Indonesia.

I am a big fan of 3D design, specifically designing from Trimble SketchUp, but I got little luck and confused in finding a laptop to replace my seven-year-old PC - currently retired in favor of office tasks - where I can conveniently goes on between designing and gaming; let's call Bulletstorm and Left 4 Dead saga, although I am most likely more active in both designing and browsing than in gaming.

However, living with gaming-frenzy teenage cousins, I might need to be more careful to choose the laptop’s design language, as I won’t like interfering with their parents due that issue. :sweat:

I can only set the maximum budget of USD 2200 (equivalent value) for now as I am financially broken last month due the cost overrun :sweat: , and I need the ones between 15 and 17 inches screen which resolution is as large as 4K - of course not smaller than FHD.

Beside this, I need a total of at least 1 TB storage with SSD for boot, at least five hours of battery as the power source is a little bit far from my sofa-bed, and I am planning to use it for four years. Have I mentioned I will bring it along outside home as often as twice a week?

Please, do not suggest me both Lenovo and Razer. I am not a fan of the former due the awful performance I experienced. For the latter one, there is no notable service center for them.

Thank you for your help, and pardon me for my English, although it is my second language.