Question Help please ... No Sound

Apr 11, 2022
Hi there,

I am having an issue of no sound at the moment. I recently had to move everything out in order to do some work on my space. Everything was working perfectly, but when I moved everything back in, no sound.

I have had the sound work briefly twice in the past couple of days when I unhooked everything and hooked it up again, but it doesn't last. I've got no buzzing, it's either on or dead silent.

I wonder if I may have made a huge mistake when I took my system down because I started unplugging things that were powered on instead of killing the main power first.

My turntable works, and I can see the preamp working when things peak, but nothing is coming through the speakers. I am a complete noob at this, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this.

I guess my questions are: Did I do permanent damage to something when I unplugged powered up devices? Is there a specific way I should reconnect things?

Here's my equipment, all purchased in the last two months:

Fluance RT82 Turntable
SMSL A100 Amp
ART DJ Pre II Preamp
Dayton Audio MK602X 6" speakers

Thanks

hang-the-9

Titan
Without knowing how you have everything connected there is no way to know if it's simply a connection issue or something is broken. The wiring should be pretty simple, turntable to the preamp, preamp out to the apm, amp to speakers. Check over the wiring.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Audio 1
martin3231 Audio 1
C Audio 2
K Audio 8
M Audio 3
Q Audio 1
J Audio 0
H Audio 0
N Audio 0
leli0 Audio 4
D Audio 1