help plz help

nneewwuusseerr

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
hi guys im coming to the point without wasting any time.i know its long but i did my best to make it as short as possible.i m

confused between these 2,plzzzzzzz help me to choose one,i will really appreciate.

desktop:
i7-7700k
1080ti
asus mb
16gb corsair veng
128gb ssd
i live in india and things are little expensive here as compare to usa.
i already have a mech keyboard ,gaming mouse and seagate 2tb(desktop version).
so as i calculated i will have to spend $2300 to make this rig.
plus $300 on a Fhd non-gsyn 27inch monitor.(why this crap? i described at the end)
which make it $2600 rig.

Laptop:
Msi GT83vr with 1070sli and 6820hk.(rest u guys know)
This thing cost $5400 in india.but i have cousin brother coming next month from usa,he already have this model and he's using it

from 5 months.he's ready to sell it for $2600(ya its same).
i cant buy 1080sli model, its way out of my budget.

Monitor:
no matter which way i go, i m going to buy acer x34p if it ever get realeased.so with desktop version i will have to stick with that

stupid monitor for a bit long.Gsync fhd monitors cost between $450-$500 and its really hard to sell any of these monitors again.so i

dont wanna waste more money on this.

now desktop and laptop both cost me same $2600.

Here's what i think.i love laptops and only laptops (because i know i m going to buy a big ultrawide later),no matter how many rgbs

i put into my desktop or buy an expensive INWIN case,i m going to miss this laptop,then why i m here?
bcz
i know i can always upgrade my desktop(second 1080ti if i need in future).
i can never ever sell this laptop here in india or i will have to sell it very cheap or gift it (i dont wanna see that day).
i know its huge and barely portable,i know 1070sli(desktop version) gives better fps compared to titanxp (youtube link below,if

interested),but only where sli supports(i hv no problem waiting for sli profiles) and with low dips + micro stuttering(i dont know

if this is something annoying as i never had sli experience).
and no matter how much i hate desktops,i really dont wanna go with a laptop if performance difference is more than 15%.

GTX 1070 SLI Vs TITAN Xp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUet375VZbk (jump to 1:35)
(where 1070sli is desktop version not mobile)

i spend days and days to find out what kind of difference desktop and laptop versions of cpu and gpu makes when compared to each

other.say 6700k+1070 vs 6820hk+1070m.

this is what i found:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBTAjI5XWcw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyoAsyrU3ew (jump to 5:00)

above 3 links tells little different stories or may be its bcz some games needs more cpu power which laptop version lacks in

comparision.

Then i found benchmarks for this specific laptop.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1070-SLI-Laptop.178633.0.html

first 5-6 games dont support sli on above links list.

on 1080p msi with 1070sli performs worse sometimes as compare to titanxp bcz of cpu limitations.(at 1080P because there is an excess

of GPU horsepower, whereas the CPU is working hard to manage its simulation).
on 4k its better or equal or little less.
Again i know ,its only if sli is supported by the game.

so im asking specially those guys who have experience with both.
What kind of performance difference and issues i m going to face if i go only laptop way?

this is going to be my first ever gaming machine,i always plays at my friends house,i only had a dell i3 laptop which died last

month.and im not a guy who change hardware every year or in two.

and anybdy who is reading by now i m thankful to u :}

helllllllllppppppppppppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee plz.

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013
How much rupees is your budget...

As a general rule, NEVER use 2 GPUs in parallel for gaming. Most likely you'll pay the same price for a single card with similar performance for MUCH BETTER power efficiency.

nneewwuusseerr

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
right now i can spend $3000. 1080ti is in my budget. its just my mind stuck on laptop.if it performs closei wanna go with laptop, or i need strong reason to leave this thought.allmost all online benchmarks support sli , but like u all my friends calls it horrible.