Help: Trash with 80 thousand files. Emptying Trash doesn't work!

Jhenrique

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
I leave the Google Drive upload accidentaly all my files and it uploaded 80 thousand of files. So, I tryied delete all files in Drive, but is impossible. Because the "Empity Trash" function erase only the files in the screen (+/- 100 files), so, will be necessary "empity trash" more some millions of times...So, is impossible to empty trash now!?!?

Solution
If you are deleting files from within Windows Explorer, you can hold down the [shift] key when pressing delete, and they should skip the recycle bin and get deleted immediately. Just make sure that you're not deleting something that you shouldn't be.

As for emptying the recycle bin, you should be able to just right-click on the recycle bin's icon, and choose to empty it from there, without opening it first, if that's causing problems.

Edit: Oh, you're talking about Google Drive's recycle bin? Not sure there, since I don't use the service. I thought you meant you downloaded a bunch of files and deleted them on your computer.

cryoburner

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
If you are deleting files from within Windows Explorer, you can hold down the [shift] key when pressing delete, and they should skip the recycle bin and get deleted immediately. Just make sure that you're not deleting something that you shouldn't be.

As for emptying the recycle bin, you should be able to just right-click on the recycle bin's icon, and choose to empty it from there, without opening it first, if that's causing problems.

Edit: Oh, you're talking about Google Drive's recycle bin? Not sure there, since I don't use the service. I thought you meant you downloaded a bunch of files and deleted them on your computer.

Solution

The video was a tad old, but it did have the option to come out of the 'new' drive, and then select items - as per the video instructions.