Help with an Advent Verona

TurtleTom100

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
hey there

i have got A Advent verona

This has been working fine until the other week so i have decided to have a look inside and to be honest cant see nothing at all tried different ram and also tried putting in a clean (Freshly Formatted) hard drive to reinstall windows but still no luck also took the bios battery off to reset the bios still no avail.

the problem i have currently is that i don't believe this is even getting to the bios post page, let alone past it.

the laptop powers on and the touch pad on the top of the palm-rest above the keyboard all powers on and illuminate
the media touch buttons. The screen also lights up but there is no bleeps (cant remember if this machine ever used to bleep at start up though.)

I am stuck and do not what else to try is it possibly a bios chip or just a dead motherboard?

Any help in advance would be really appreciated thanks in advance.

alvine

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
so your stuck in the POST basically
I would take the laptop apart and put it back together
Its possible for you to disconnect something or have a loose connection inside when you were tinkering with your laptop

TurtleTom100

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012

This is already been taking apart it currently has no plastinccs on and i am now stripping it for parts cheers anyways!